Assemblyman Manuel Pérez has teamed up with Senator DeSaulnier to amend AB 1411 to make certain majority-vote changes to the Enterprise Zone program. The following list is a rough idea of the provisions:
1. The statement of purpose of the program (and other G-TEDA programs) is updated.
2. New zones designated after 1/1/2012 will be more stringently targeted to low income areas.
3. Makes certain requirements of HCD to post information on its website.
4. Makes certain changes to HCD’s dedesignation authority for failing zones, linking this to the zones’ biennial progress reports.
5. Updates certain reporting requirements.
6. Requires other state agencies and departments to consider the Enterprise Zone program in its other workforce development programs.