On October 10, 2011 HCD issued a memo that they would be moving ahead with the final designation process for eight remaining zones that had previously received conditional designations. In that memo, a 180 day deadline was established for all of those zones to comply with all of their conditions or lose the opportunity to receive a final designation.
At today’s CAEZ board meeting in Sacramento a representative from HCD announced that the Anaheim EZ has received it’s final designation effective February 1, 2012 and the Sequoia Valley EZ in Tulare County received its final designation which will be effective retroactively to October 2010 (because of AB 1550).
The remaining six conditional zones are:
• Harbor Gateway Communities cities of Los Angeles and Huntington Park, and County of Los Angeles)
• Pittsburg (City of Pittsburg and County of Contra Costa)
• Sacramento (cities of Sacramento, West Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, and County of Sacramento)
• San Diego (cities of San Diego, Chula Vista, and National City)
• San Francisco (City and County of San Francisco)
• Santa Clarita Valley (City of Santa Clarita and County of Los Angeles)